- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Use two ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. In large mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses.
- 3. Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add slowly to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 4. Divide dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap for 4 hours or overnight.
- 5. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/2-inch holiday cookie cutter. Place 1-inch apart on a baking sheet.
- 6. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool slightly and then place on wire rack to cool completely.
*Use in conjunction with Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies-Icing recipe