FAQ 

Q. Where can I purchase your products?

a. Our cookware and other products can be found in most mass merchant, specialty, hardware, supermarket stores and national chains.

Q. Do you sell direct to consumers?

a. No.

Q. If I use high heat will the food cook faster?

No. Using high heat for cooking will only waste energy and result in excessive loss of cooking liquid (water). However you must use high heat to initially bring cooker up to pressure.

Q. Is your cookware and bakeware made from aluminum?

a. Many, but not all of our products are made from aluminum or have aluminum components.

Q. What is Nonstick coating?

a. The chemical name for nonstick is Polytetraflourethylene (PTFE). It is simply a plastic that is very slippery that keeps food from sticking under normal cooking conditions.

Q. What utensils are safe to use with my non-stick cookware?

a. Generally you should avoid sharp-edged utensils. If you have cookware that is "safe for use with metal utensils" you can use most metal utensils, such as forks, spoons and spatulas. DO NOT cut in the pan. Extremely sharp utensils, such as knives, may scratch the nonstick surface. DO NOT use rotary beaters in the pan. Please refer to your use and care warranty guide to determine if your cookware is "safe for use with metal utensils.

Q. Will the nonstick coating make me sick if I swallow it?

a. No. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined that composition of nonstick to be "food contact" safe. If pieces are swallowed, there is no danger because the nonstick coating is inert and nontoxic and will pass through the body.

Q. When cooling my pressure cooker under the water tap, it whistles; is this dangerous?

While being cooled under water, the initial pressure is quickly reduced producing a vacuum. The whistle is produced by the incoming air. This is normal and not dangerous.

Q. Can items covered with nonstick emit fumes that are toxic to birds?

a. Yes. If nonstick pans are left unattended and extremely overheated the fumes can be deadly to birds. Never keep your bird in or near the kitchen and always provide good ventilation. Birds have very sensitive respiratory systems. Fumes from overheated nonstick is not the only possible hazard to your bird. Others include: burning food, fireplace smoke, tobacco smoke, scented candles, oven cleaners, hair spray, incense, perfumes, and cleaning product fumes. This list is not inclusive. Talk with your veterinarian for more information on caring for your bird.

Q. What type of handle or trim is oven safe and to what temperature?

a. We do not recommend putting our products with wood handles or knobs in the oven. The wood trim will turn black and burn. Our black or colored phenolic (plastic), steel or rubber gripper handles are oven safe to 350 degrees. However, this does not include using them under a broiler. The oven should be completely preheated before placing a pan in the oven as temperature may exceed 350 degrees during preheat period.

Q. Do I have to condition or oil the pan before using and after each use?

a. No. Wash in hot soapy water before using and after every use.

Q. Why do you recommend NOT cooking on Medium-High or High Heat when browning or frying?

a. To prevent warping, staining, scorching, burning and damage to the nonstick surface. For best results, we recommend cooking on low to medium heat. Additionally, if cooking oil temperatures go over 400° F, there is a chance the oil could catch on fire.

Q. Are your glass covers guaranteed not to break?

a. No. Our glass covers are resistant to breakage. Care should be taken when handling glass covers to avoid impacts that can cause chipping. Never place a glass cover directly on top of a heating element. Never use cleaning pads, sharp knives, or anything that will scratch and weaken the glass. Never handle a cover with a wet cloth or hot pad and avoid sudden or severe temperature changes.